Heaters & Furnaces
Service, repair, new installation, replacement
At Aarvaks, we provide in quality workmanship and personalized customer service for all of your heating and indoor air quality needs, from service and repair, to new installation or replacement of your existing heating system.
If your heater or furnace needs service or repair, you’ll find our technicians to be knowledgeable and trained for just about any make and model of heater or furnace. Give us a call or fill out the Service Request form to get the ball rolling.Request Service
Look to Aarvaks for all of your heating and furnace needs, including ductless mini split systems and wall heaters.
Heaters & Furnaces
The heating system you decide to install in your home is an important decision. According to the US Department of Energy, heating is the largest energy expense for a home, accounting for at least 45% of a home’s energy bill.
Aarvaks specializes in the installation of energy efficient furnaces and heating systems, sized to deliver just the right amount of heat for your East Bay home. As an Authorized Carrier Dealer, we’ve been designing, installing and caring for our customers’ Carrier heating systems since 1929.
Free consultation and estimate on new installations, upgrades or replacements.Carrier Heating
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
We provide professional, experienced installation on the following heating systems and components:
Furnaces • Wall Heaters • Ductless Mini Split Systems • Zoned Systems • Heat Pumps • Whole House Ventilation Systems • Spot Ventilation Systems • Air Filter Systems • Air Purifiers • Thermostats
Did you know ENERGY STAR® Rated heaters and furnaces help you save energy and reduce your home’s carbon footprint and the impact of energy production on the environment? ENERGY STAR certified equipment meet strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. By choosing ENERGY STAR rated, you can enhance the comfort of your home while saving energy.Learn more at energystar.gov
Upgrade or Replacement
If your current heating system isn’t keeping you and your family warm during cold winter days and nights, it might be time to replace or upgrade to a new unit.
Whether you need a new furnace, want to install a heat pump system, or are considering ductless mini-splits for your home, our experts will recommend a solution that is truly tailored to your family’s comfort.
Free consultation and estimate on new installations, upgrades or replacements.
As an authorized Carrier® dealer we specialize in high performance heating systems that delivery energy efficiency and personal comfort.
Heater & Furnace Repair
All makes & models
Our repair services are performed by professionally qualified service technicians who have the experience, skills and tools to fix any HVAC problem right the first time, no matter which brand you own.
We will perform a full system check (including a duct inspection) to ensure that all your system components are functioning and operating efficiently. And as part of the repair service, we will provide you with suggestions to help your system operate more efficiently, safely and economically in the future.
Diagnostic fee waived.
We service and repair all makes and models of furnaces and heaters.
- American Standard
- Day & Night
- Gaffers & Sattler
- Magic Chef
Service & Maintenance
Your annual checkup
A routine preventive maintenance is essential to preparing your system for the season. A check-up makes sure your system continues to perform at its peak efficiency and reduces the chance of costly repairs.
Aarvaks’ annual or semi-annual preventive maintenance checks will help you keep your system operating safety, efficiently and economically all year.
- ✓ Clean/replace filter
- ✓ Check drain lines, coils, burners, blower motors and flame sensors
- ✓ Inspect heat exchangers, exhaust flue, capacitors
- ✓ Inspect safety switches, electrical connections, gas ignition
- ✓ Check thermostats operation and settings
- ✓ Inspect ductwork for leaks & damage
- ✓ Provide suggestions for greater efficiency
- ✓ Set email reminders for service due dates
Custom Ductwork Repair
Your system’s ductwork is an important part of your home comfort system. Ductwork that is aging, damaged or was not installed correctly can cost you money and affect your home’s air quality. Mold, moisture, rat droppings, dust and other particles can penetrate into your air circulation system.
Aarvaks’ professionals will inspect your home’s ductwork to identify any problems and recommend solutions to ensure your home air quality remains efficient and clean. Our experts can repair or replace your ductwork with precision, so your system operates at peak performance.
Free consultation and estimate.
There are many types of thermostats on the market today from non-programmable to programmable to smart thermostats. Making the right choice can be difficult.
Our experts will explain the pros and cons for each thermostat type and provide advice on which one would work best with your system. Once we have professionally installed your chosen thermostat, we’ll make sure you understand how to use it properly so it can save you money through efficient energy usage.
Tips & Tricks to Save You Money
- ✓ Use a ceiling fan to circulate warm air from the ceiling to the floor in the winter.
- ✓ Be sure the damper to your fireplace is closed when the fireplace is not in use.
- ✓ Install an ENERGY STAR thermostat to optimize your system settings. According to energystar.com, homeowners can save about $180 a year by changing thermostats to a new, digital, programmable thermostat and maintaining those settings.
- ✓ Clean or replace filters on furnaces once a month or, at minimum, quarterly.
- ✓ Have us perform preventive maintenance on your furnace during the off season to keep your system in good condition before you begin using it again. We offer seasonal discounted service rates. If you are on our Preventive Maintenance Plan, we’ll make sure this check up service is included automatically.
- ✓ Clean warm-air registers, baseboard heaters, and radiators as needed; make sure they’re not blocked by furniture, carpeting, or drapes.
- ✓ Bleed trapped air from hot-water radiators once or twice a season.
- ✓ During the heating season, keep the draperies and shades on your south-facing windows open during the day to allow the sunlight to enter your home and closed at night to reduce the chill you may feel from cold windows.
- ✓ Assess your home’s energy use by using the ENERGY STAR Home Energy Yardstick tool and take a room-by-room tour to see how else you can save energy.
“I love my new wall furnace! It heats the whole house efficiently, and is “so” much quieter than the old one. It didn’t wake me up once last night. Glenn and Chris were great. They worked hard, cleaned up after themselves, and were informative to talk with. I had no problem at all leaving them alone in my house. Your company is a joy to work with. Thank you for everything!”